Tuesday, March 10, 2009

After school activities

I have just finished reading "Planning With Kids" and her post "10 Tips For Managing After School Activities" She is a mum of 5 and has fantastic ideas and I can use whatever I can get right now.
So I commented on another post where she mentioned after school activities asking her about what she does after school for her Prepie (first year at school here in Victroia.)

Weither the above post was inspired from that comment or not (she has been scheduling her posts since the new baby arrived in Jan) Im just glad she has put it up.
She has quoted Kathy Walker whose work I love and I have read her book "Whats the Hurry" but I always like to hear how someon is going with it in everyday life. And I know Nicole uses what Kathy says a fair bit.

So a big thank you to Nicole for writing that piece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, those tips are always helpful!

Brook said...

With my houseful of boys, I wanted them to be active, but there is only one of me, so I let them each choose one sport or fine arts activity after school. During the off seasons or summers we would try some new activities to see if there were new choices they wanted to meake.

Amandac said...

Thanks for linking me up to that article Sharon - lots of helpful tips about managing after school stuff!!

PlanningQueen said...

Thanks for the kind words and link Sharon! I had pre written that post, but I was happy to see that it was timed well to answer your question. I have been doing a quarterly plan for my posts which has made getting them written so much easier.

I really appreciate Kathy Walker's view point on parenting and child development, so tend to link to her a lot on my blog.