Friday, April 27, 2007

May Guest CT for Karen Lewis (Kreations by Karen)

I sorta jumped the gun on starting with Karen but I really wanted to finish off a couple of challenges and the "Baby's Got Style" kit by Karen was what I was looking for.

So the first one is one I did for the Hodge Podge #3 challenge. I thought I should give it a go. I really like the challenges that Gina Millers CT do but I can not be buying something all the time if I dont have it in my current stock pile to be able to enter (sorry ladies I really do love the challenges though.) So Hodge Podge it is :)





The challenge was to: Keep your photo(s) towards the MIDDLE of your paper. They had to be TRIMMED or framed or somehow bordered; some FLOWERS on there as well! And aside from maybe some paint or stitching STAY AWAY from the edge of your paper!





CREDITS:


Baby’s Got Style by Karen Lewis.
Font: ChocolateBox





This one is from yet another challenge on OAKS. This was a journaling challenge. The challenge was to: dig really deep, and get into that beautiful creative brain and Journal about something that is very important to you, and tell us why, not just the skimpy stuff, but the deep, soulful, meaningful stuff. It can be really funny, really sad, or just a great story, you choose.

I think I have achieved that!


CREDITS:

Cheryl Barber Love Of My Life Brush
Baby’s Got Style kit by Karen Lewis
Photo Frame by Katie Pertiet

The journaling reads:

Everyone says that their kids are important to them. I agree with that and don’t dispute someone’s love for their kids. In 2003 we decided that it was now or never. We were getting married. So in about 5 months (including December in that) we organized a wedding and did it. We got married. In that time we found out that I was pregnant again and our bundle of joy was due to be born in November. I was a little under 3 months pregnant when we got married so hadn’t had the 12wk scan yet. My GP wasn’t going to give me the 12wk scan as we had no problems with Amey’s pregnancy so no need right. I convinced her at about 9wks that maybe a 12wk scan was necessary as I thought I was further along.
The scan was about 2 wks after our wedding. Scott didn’t come with me because I thought it was going to be routine. I got there had the scan (videoed) and was told to come in the next day to have another one. Not a problem I thought. There was something wrong with the babies liver. I searched the net. A baby can survive that. Went in the next day and again Scott wasn’t with me as I thought it was routine. The Dr was checking me out this time not just the sonographer.
That’s when our world crashed down. It resulted in many appointment with numerous Dr’s. Heaps of tests and not so happy a ending. On the 9th of July 2004 our son Jack Riley was born at 20.3wks gestation. Sadly Amey learnt at a VERY young age to say “its ok mummy no cry” and getting me tissues. It was so sweet that it usually made me cry more. I would have to pull myself together to and let her know that I was ok just a bit sad.
Since then I have gone on to have 2 more healthy daughters. So I hold my kids a little closer. If that is a good or bad thing I don’t know. I suppose after all we have been through we appreciate that they are happy and healthy.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I click on your blog at CLD . I love tis LO's . The colors and the design!! And ofcourse that cutie :) !!!